Sharing the bits and bobs, ins and outs of everyday life. Quilting, cross stitching and embroidery. Home life, family and friends. Good days and bad days- the lot!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tis the Season………

…..but not in our house this year. In fact I could go as far as saying that this year I am becoming a bit of a Christmas Grinch. Those who know me know how much Christmas means to me and that I normally put up our tree the last weekend of October which is a long weekend here in NZ. I always put it up so early because I love to look at it for as long as possible. Having said that once Christmas is over that tree is a coming down!

Anyway we are still in the rental house and are not due back in our own home until the 20th December, so by the time we found all our Christmas things amongst the boxes needing to be unpacked……… well you get my gist, it’s just easier to be a no go this year.

Not good for the spirit! I don’t care about the gifts, my main thoughts are the joy that Christmas brings and of course the Christmas dekkies, oh yeah AND all the Christmas music (CD’s packed aren’t they!) all help bring that joy amongst the family and the smiles of the friends when they come to visit.

Thankfully we have some wonderful friends with whom we have been invited as a family to spend Christmas dinner and we will have a great time with them, cause we always do, so even though our tree isn’t up we are getting to share a tree with our surrogate family. Thanks guys!

I have been doing a bit of xmas sewing. I stitched two Santa designs onto waffle tea towels for gifts and also made bunting for our friends house.

xmas 2013 003xmas 2013 006xmas 2013 005

xmas 2013 004

I have also been sewing curtains for the bedrooms at home as it was the perfect opportunity as I had the time since still not working. I have even had some UFO’s out and trying to finish them.

As I said we shift back into our house in 2 weeks- hallelujah! The past 17 weeks have ended up much more stressful than we anticipated. All of us have struggled, even poor Frank (cat) who ended up at the vets for 6 days due to a blockage in his bladder which the vet said was caused through stress. He was very, very sick, the poor wee man but he has come through it all and is now well.

So the house is looking amazing and it will all be worth it in the end! I can’t wait until I am able to take photos on our return to share with you all.

hugs in stitching, Debs xx

10 comments:

loulee said...

Great news that the work on your place is on track and that you'll be home for Christmas. Enjoy your time with your friends and look forward to next Christmas. ((Hugs))

Susan said...

Hang in there, it will be worth the worry when it's done and you've moved back in. As you say Christmas is really about your family and friends.

The Old Dairy said...

G
Ad your spending Christmas with friends and family...you've been through so much, glad to hear its all going well for you.....

Julia said...

Oh well, you'll have to get your dekkies out even earlier next year to make up for it. You'll still have a lovely time. Happy Christmas xxx

Nicky said...

You're allowed to be grinch-like this year Miss Deb, you will surely make up for it next year...

Di said...

I'm hoping your beautiful "new" home was ready in time for Christmas, Deb, and that this year it was an extra-special celebration. You certainly deserve it!

Marie said...

Happy New Year to my sweet friend!! I am so happy your in your new home and I am sure this is the beginning of the BEST! Love you . Marie

Houseelf said...

Hope your new old home is bringing you lots of joy once the unpacking is finally over. Having said that we have boxes here still unpacked after a decade. :-) Lovely stitcheries. I hope the curtain making has gone well.

Houseelf said...

Found the original Burford Lardy cake recipe on a scrap of paper in a cookery book which was in the attic. do you want it?

shez said...

what gorgeous work Deb.xx